Wednesday, December 23, 2009

SHOWPEOPLE


SHOWPEOPLE
Originally uploaded by n69n

SHOWPEOPLE
#73 in my RECORD COLLECTION series

I remember the summer between 7th & 8th grade, opening a music magazine & seeing a photo of Mari Wilson, with the quote, "Diana Ross sells love; I sell TUPPERWARE™."
She made an impression on me.
It was many years before I could track down her music in North Carolina, but when I did, (thanks, Scott), the wait was totally worth it.
Mari is a precursor of Pizzicato Five, Saint Etienne, The Gentle People and all those wonderful people whose music is a way of creatively archiving everything thats come before, while adding new glamor & drama.

Available as PRINT: www.redbubble.com/people/norncutson/art/4360317-1-showpeople

Available as T: www.redbubble.com/people/norncutson/t-shirts/4360326-1-sh...

No comments:

Post a Comment

*thank you*